Rice Krispy Treats + S’mores = mmmmmmm
Rice Krispy Treats are very underrated. S’mores are very delicious. Put them together and YUM. Seriously, these S’mores Rice Krispy Treats were just so good. They’re sweet but not too sweet, chewy but not too chewy, and have just the right amount of chocolate and graham cracker mixed in. They look incredible and taste incredible and I’ve already gotten a request to make them again for an upcoming family event. Also, they are REALLY hard to mess up, which is always nice. Clearly, I am smitten by these S’mores Rice Krispy Treats.
Start by melting the butter in a decently large pot and then mix in the marshmallows.
Is your mouth watering yet?
Then mix the Rice Krispies into the melty marshmallows. They get pretty hard to mix after a little bit and it becomes quite an arm workout.
Press a layer of Rice Krispy mixture into the bottom of the dish. I tried to use about half the mixture but I realized when I did the top layer that my proportions were off and the bottom layer was thinner. Luckily, as mentioned above, these are almost impossible to mess up and no real harm was done.
Spread a layer of melted chocolate on top of the Rice Krispies. Work quickly so that the chocolate does not cool too much.
Cover the chocolate layer with graham cracker squares. I used a 13×9″ dish, which took 12 graham cracker halves. Try and get the graham crackers pressed into the chocolate before the chocolate hardens.
Spread a layer of melty Fluff on top of the graham crackers. You also need to work fairly quickly here to get the Fluff spread out before it cools too much. As you can see, some chocolate got swirled into the Fluff on mine but it doesn’t matter because these S’mores Rice Krispy Treats are FOOL PROOF.
Next, lay another layer of Rice Krispies on top of the Fluff. For this layer, I used my hands to flatten pieces of the Rice Krispy mixture so I could lay it down on top of the Fluff. I pressed the pieces together a little bit once they were put down, but it’s much easier to flatten them before laying them down on the Fluff.
Finally, sprinkle crushed graham crackers on top and drizzle with melted chocolate.
S’mores Rice Krispy Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10oz mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 (7oz) jar Marshmallow Fluff
- 8 sheets graham crackers (16 halves), divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil or canola oil
- Spray a 13×9 inch baking dish liberally with non stick spray then set aside. Place 1 cup chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl then microwave in 20 seconds increments, stirring between increments, until melted and smooth. Set aside. Place marshmallow fluff in a microwave-safe bowl then set aside (note: I kept the Fluff in the container and microwaved in 10 second increments and my microwave did not explode, but do so at your own risk).
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add marshmallows and stir until smooth. Add Rice Krispies and stir until well combined.
- Working quickly, scoop half of the mixture into the prepared baking dish and press into an even layer. Pour melted chocolate over Rice Krispy layer and smooth with a spatula.
- Place 12 of the graham cracker halves on top of chocolate. Microwave marshmallow fluff for 20 seconds then spread on top of graham crackers.
- Press remaining Rice Krispy mixture on top of marshmallow Fluff layer. It’s easiest to do this if you flatten pieces of the Rice Krispy mixture in your palms before placing on the Fluff. Piece together to create full layer.
- Crush 4 remaining graham crackers halves then sprinkle on top. Melt remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips with vegetable oil in a microwave-safe bowl in 20 second increments, stirring between increments, until melted and smooth. Drizzle on top of S’mores Rice Krispy Treats. Allow to set for 30 minutes before slicing into squares with a sharp knife and serving.